Re: New front-end for OpenSSH SFTP client

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Robert Collins wrote:

> Oh, and a final comment I forgot about - your readme comment about use
> on NT is very misleading: The implication you make is that use on win9x
> and or non-multiuser NT/2k is safe. Well it's not. 9x has no protection
> against rogue applications, and single user NT suffers from the same
> fault as multiuser - which is that a rogue app (say a trojan cp.exe) can
> attach to your secure sftp session and happily compromise it.

I inquired about this about a month and a half ago on this list.  I
received a "curt" response (see the 'Blunt Tools' thread), and I had to
assume what was meant given what I was told and what I read in the
archives.  As a result, a significant error was made (btw, I'm not blaming
anyone for this, I'm just explaining what happened).

So, may I ask that you, or any of the developers, write a clear and
concise statement to warn NT/2000 users that I can quote directly?  I'm
sure that you guys could say it more accurately than I could.

> Rob

Thanks again,

	- Joe Testa