Re: Deadly embrace between pthread_cond_wait and pthread_cond_signal

Robert Collins wrote:

> Volume of calls :}. openening files doesn't occur quite as often as (say)
                      ^^^^^^^^^
That might be easy for you to say !!

> I'd like to publicly thank Greg Smith for his excellent profiling work in
> identifying the bottleneck here. I know how time consuming that can be :}.

That's all fine and dandy, what I wanna know is `When's the check coming in
the mail ?'  ;-)

I do have another problem, which I think is associated with pthread_kill,
signals, and related ilk.

Seems we do a lotta SIGHUPs to break a listening thread out of his reverie,
but sometimes the wrong thead (which has done a recv() on a socket) gets
woken up instead, and is not particularly happy with the EINTR error code.

Soon as I can provide more details, I'll open a new thread ;-)

Greg