Re: Deadly embrace between pthread_cond_wait and pthread_cond_signal

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 09:26:19PM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
>Robert Collins wrote:
>
>>Volume of calls :}.  openening files doesn't occur quite as often as
>>(say)
>^^^^^^^^^ That might be easy for you to say !!
>
>>I'd like to publicly thank Greg Smith for his excellent profiling work
>>in identifying the bottleneck here.  I know how time consuming that can
>>be :}.
>
>That's all fine and dandy, what I wanna know is `When's the check
>coming in the mail ?' ;-)
>
>I do have another problem, which I think is associated with
>pthread_kill, signals, and related ilk.
>
>Seems we do a lotta SIGHUPs to break a listening thread out of his
>reverie, but sometimes the wrong thead (which has done a recv() on a
>socket) gets woken up instead, and is not particularly happy with the
>EINTR error code.

Unless Robert has performed some magic that I'm not aware of, there is
currently no way to interrupt anything but the main thread in cygwin.

This has been on my tuit list for a long time but it will require a
lot of rework of the signal code.

cgf