RE: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

Vince,

Very well said.  I believe you're right -- there is a large cygwin
contingent which are not cygwin developers, but simply cygwin users.  In
fact I *am* a developer, as I suspect many/most cygwin users are.  But, I'm
not a *cygwin* developer, using cygwin to port anything to Windows.  I'm
using cygwin because the company I work for puts a Windows box on my
desktop.  I coined the phrase, "Cygwin...don't leave Unix without it" a
while back -- I truly feel that cygwin is a lifesaver for many of us (a BIG
thanks to all the cygwin developers and porters!).

-- John Wiersba