Re: Mount issues

Well, I can't unmount these mount points because Cygwin automatically
creates these user mounts on login with (textmode, noumount) settings.
And when I try to add the system mount points without unmounting the
user mounts, I get the following warning:

~: mount -s c: /cygdrive/c
mount: warning: system mount point of '/cygdrive/c' will always be
masked by user mount.

I feel like this needs to be solved in an environment variable or the
registry.  I mean, what makes cygwin automatically mount these drives
and what makes it use textmode?  And why is it that my user-id mounts
them in binary mode, but all other users get textmode?  The only
distinction between me and the other user I've been expermenting with is
that my username's the one that's done the various Cygwin installations
over the years.

And the registry doesn't show these mounts at all.  And that kinda makes
sense because Cygwin wants to auto-mount all the current drive letters,
and that can change over time.  So when I start a Cygwin shell, it
checks which drive letters are around and creates mount points for
them....it just happens to create them in textmode for anyone except me.

Any other ideas?

-Sandeep