Re: 1.3.2, 1.1.8: Pipelines losing data? (Windows 2000)

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Russell,
>
> I should have tested my hypothesis before sending. Apparently it is not
> correct. When its output is directed into a pipe, less does indeed forgo
> altering the input data.
>
> All my mounts are binmode. Perhaps there's something going on with that?
>
> Randall

Our resident long-term cygwin user suggested that also.  The problem
originally surfaced with all mounts set to binmode, we later switched some
into textmode, but the problem persisted.

Ron Cook said the problem does not exist under Windows ME on his HP.
Maybe this is specific to windows 2000, or some sort of timing issue.

Unfortunately, the computers I have access to all run at roughly the same
speed, so I can't rule out that as the problem.

-Rusty