Re: Query

Wow.  I assume that the vast majority of this header file consists of
all this data.  Maybe you should keep the data in a separate file and
have a function in your program that reads it into the array at program
startup-time.  Your program will be a lot smaller, and if the data ever
changes, you don't have to re-compile the program.  The cost, of course,
is that the startup time of your program will be a bit more...but I
think you'd be much better off in the long run.

-Sandeep

Kumar, Narendira wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the compilation on the cyqwin environment. I would
> request, the cygwin team to consider my query and possibly help me with few
> hints.
>
> Problem:
> I have a data structure file (say variable.h) which contains an array. This
> file happens to be 40MB in size and included in a c file (say test.c). When
> i compile test.c, due to memory constraints, the object file is not created
> resulting in the following error 'virtual memory exhausted'
> I did try increasing the virtual memory with Windows, but not much helpful.
> Could you please give few hints to overcome such an issue.
>
> Thanks for you consideration,
> Narendira
>

> --

Sandeep V. Tamhankar