database template library

hai all,

I am trying to connect to Oracle 8i using the Database Template
Library(DTL).  The options given in DTL asks me to include the "dtl.lib"
file in the library path.  But GNU complier does not support this and
requires library files in ".a" format.

Is there any way to work around it? That is do I have the luxury of cygwin
having an equivalent ".a" file for this "dtl.lib",  or   are there any way
to convert this ".lib" file to ".a" file without any overheads.

thanks.