Re: CYGWIN1.DLL

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 12:02:16PM -0400, James E. LaBarre wrote:
>OK, I meant that the difference between Mingw & regular Cygwin is that
>Mingw makes a simpler install for newbies, while using cygwin.dll, etc.
>allows you to make use of all the other functionality of cygwin (bash,
>command line utils, etc.).  It's a tradeoff of what your intended target
>is.

It's not really a tradeoff if we are talking about linking a program.
You seem to be confused between the concept of cygwin1.dll and the
cygwin distribution.  They are two different things.

The original poster wanted to build an application that didn't rely on
the Cygwin DLL.  He wasn't talking about bash, command line utils, etc.

I was trying to correct the impression that you seemed to be giving that
it was possible to pick and choose cygwin pieces while linking a program.

cgf