RE: ipc-daemon problem

Am 18 Jul 2001, um 10:06 hat Jean Barata geschrieben:

Hi Jean,

There should be also error-messages in NT-eventlog (AFAIR).
Also i didn't get this on cygwin list, so i send a copy now
to the list too.
See below for one more guess.

> >What is the errormessage (in NT's eventlog)?
> >What happens if you start it from 'service-manager'?
> >What happens if you start it not as a service, but from commandline?
> >
> >gph
>
> Hi,
>
> Here are the messages:
>
> $>net start ipc-daemon
> Service Cygwin IPC Daemon starts.....
> Service Cygwin IPC Daemon can't be started
> You'll obtain more help using NET HELPMSG 3523
> $>net helpmsg 3523
> Service *** can't be started
> $>

> (but the 'ipc-daemon' process keeps running using 98% CPU and memory
> growing up)
>
> if I try to start it directly from the service manager:
>
> "error 2186: service is not responding to maintenance request"
>
> if I try to launch it directly from a command line:
>
> $>ipc-daemon&
> [1] 196
> $>
>
> it's OK !!! great, I can finally create my postgresql database !!!
> well, for now I can work with it, but there is a problem ...

Is the x:\cygwin\bin directory in your systemwide PATH setting
included?
The service needs to find cygwin1.dll

gph

--