1.3.2-1 w32api question

While working on my project, I was using WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN,
My program calls for its own version of frm1.
The compiler called up dlgs.h, which had frm1 defined already. Looking
through the code, it looked like dlgs.h is used for colorizing the screen.
Am I right?
I undefined frm1 in the source code. I'm dealing with a program that creates
sound.
In my sysdep.h, I used the following to call the actual parts of the w32api.
# if defined _WIN32
#include <windows.h>
#include <winsock.h> (something like that.)
#undef __cdecl    (later defined in the program)
#undef IN
#undef OUT     (defined in aops.h>
#undef frm1      (defined in program as part of frames, samples bits I'm
guessing)

What is frm1 and company supposed to be used for?
Also, because I included winsock.h early on, I had to take out wtypes.h in
the rtwin32.c section.

I am getting to know cygwin better now and and beginning to comprehend the
power behind Unix and Windows. My program will be, for the next several
revision, graphicless. Because i don't have access to a MIDI keyboard, I
can't debug the MIDI code that controls or is controlled by a keyboard. But
it will use orcs and sco to create orchestras and scores.
An orchestra controls a score file. Think of it as a musician with a musical
instrument producing sound by reading sheet music.

Sorry if this is offtopic, but it is something I'm trying to grasp, both
programming under Unix and Windows and programming Csound for my real work.
And my hobby.
Bobby McNulty
sound engineer