Re: RPM installer (was Re: SETUP WIZARD FOR CYGWIN?XFREE86)

Hello.

In <15200.14971.630343.872301@coyote.priv.helixdigital.com>,
Dario Alcocer <alcocer@helixdigital.com> wrote:

alcocer>     Rue> I had built db-3.1.17 with DLLize patch.
alcocer>     Rue> If you want, please get from Project HeavyMoon.
alcocer>     Rue> My rpm port use some DLL(cygbz, cygdb, cygz) now.
alcocer>
alcocer> Great, I'll check out the port.  Do you have a src.rpm for RPM?  I'd
alcocer> be interested in reviewing the *.patch files and the .spec file too.

Yes I do. I made and distributed src.rpm. But it doesn't include db's
source code. This src.rpm include only *.patch and .spec file(It is
called 'nosrc.rpm').

alcocer>     Rue> 1. extract minimum environment and tools(Ex. instkit.tar.gz).
alcocer>     Rue> 2. mount / directory.
alcocer>     Rue> 3. rpm --initdb
alcocer>     Rue> 4. mkpasswd & mkgroup(optional)
alcocer>
alcocer> Actually, this could be done by a Cygwin-specific RPM package, one
alcocer> that contains a post-install script that would create the /etc/passwd
alcocer> and /etc/group files.

Why? Why do you create /etc/passwd and /etc/group in post-install
script? I afraid of upgrade of rpm packages. If you do 'rpm -Uvh rpm-package.rpm',
/etc/passwd and /etc/group is overwritten by post-install script.

--
[ Rue. SATOH ] rsato@ccs.co.jp