Thread Debugging in GDB for Cygwin

Hi,
    I am using GDB 5.0 on Cygwin(NT).I have tried debuggibg threads but I am
not able to do so..
Is such a debugging option available in GDB 5.0 for Cygwin(NT)?
I wrote a pgm which forked another process.
After the forking was performed I typed the follwing gdb command.
info threads
I got a list of two threads.(a * indicating my active thread)
But when I tired to switch to the other thread using the thread gdb command.
I  was switched to the other task but..I could not debug it..
I got an error saying cannot find bounds of function..
I tried the same using pthread_create function in cygwin..But it too did not
work.
Can such debugging be donw in my platform?
Since the commands are available..Should it not be working?
Should I compile my program with special flags other than -g?
Hope u can help me.
Kiran