From: "Deepak Shekhar" <dipaktc@rediffmail.com>
To: <tprinceusa@mindspring.com>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Building GCC from Sources

Hi

I am using the sources from cygwin sites.The sources i am using are the
latest and the same version of binaries i have installed. I have explained
what i have done.
I am configuring for i586 PC running windows.

The directory structure is as follows.
binutils-20010425-2
gcc-2.95.3-5
build
exe
I create symbolic links for gas,ld,bfd,opcodes,binutils and gprof in the
main directory of gcc - gcc-2.95.3.5.
Then i run the configure script of gcc in the build directory.When the
directory opcodes is being configured, the configure throws an error saying
"ltconfig" doesn't recognise the option "--build".
So configuration of libtool failed.
Then in the configure scripts of all the directories for which i created
symbolic links i removed the option
"--build" from the options of ltconfig. Then the configuration was  done
without any errors.

Then i run "make bootstrap" in the build directory. When compiling the files
in the bfd directory it looks for files in the include directory of gcc. The
files it looks for are not in gcc-2.95.3-5/include but are
in binutils-20010425-2/include. So i copied those files from binuitls to
gcc. Now that problem was solved. Then it gave an error saying in file
sysdep.h no rule to make "libintl.h". Then i created a symbolic link for
directory binutils-20010425/intl in the gcc-2.95.3-5 and reconfigured.Then i
repeated "make bootstrap".
Now it fails  while creating "objdump.exe" saying undefined reference to a
function "cplus_demangle_name_to_style" and "cplus_demangle_set_style".

These functions are in the cplus-dem.c file of libeberty of binutils but not
in libiberty of gcc. These functions are not there in sources from GNU GCC
sites.

Can u help me on this.

thanking in advance
Deepak