Re: Automake 1.4l released -- show of hands from cygwin/automakemaintainers?

On 15 Aug 2001 22:13:48 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> [This is for the cygwin mailing list]
> >

> I suspect that this is not a big deal and that there is no reason to
> force automake people to waste time on Cygwin's irregularities for
> this release.
>
> If a bunch of people step forward, however, then, obviously I'm wrong.

I *was* preparing to maintain squid w/automake (once 1.5 goes gold) on
cygwin, but in the interim I've moved by main PC to Debian, so it
doesn't affect me at all.

An important thing to not:

AFAIK this is a testcase-only failure we're talking about. It *did not*
affect me with cygwin, ntfs, ntsec and automake-HEAD (which had the
chmod -R a-w under discussion.)

Chuck - have you tried make distcheck with a trivial package? My wager
is that that will work a-ok.

> Again.
>
> So, is anyone using automake in this capacity?  If you don't know what
> I'm talking about then you undoubtedly are not using automake as
> a maintainer.

Not I.

Rob