Re: ssh-client doesn't work with X-forwarding (at least with me)

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:11:01AM +0200, Michael Werwein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the same problem with the cygwin-ssh-client like Hans.
> ForwardX11 is enabled in the ssh and sshd_config.
> The DISPLAY-variable is after the login empty.
> If i set the DISPLAY-variable manually, X11-forwarding doesn't work.
>
> The login and X11-forwarding works with other ssh-clients.
>
> But for all that cygwin is a great software.
>
> Thanks for any answers !!!!!

Even if you don't like it? I just tried it using a local Cygwin/XFree86
server. Then I called Cygwin ssh-2.9p2 to login interactively to my Linux
box. Then I looked for the value of $DISPLAY:

	cygwinbox:10.0

then I started xterm... and it worked. No problem here. You will
have to debug what's going on. Use `ssh -v -v -v' and start sshd
on your Linux box using `sshd -d' to get lot's of debug output.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.