Re: wget not behaving correctly

Hack Kampbjørn wrote:

> Second, wget will save the first retrieved page as
> 'galleries.php?mode=2' which is an illegal filename on Windows file
> systems (because of the '?') again I cannot tell if this is the case.
> There are a couple of patches to workaround this in the wget archives
> (http://sunsite.dk/wget/) but none has been accept by the Wget
> mantainers (too Windows specific), nor has the Cygwin mantainer used it
> in the cygwin version.

I didn't know they existed.  I'll take a look when I get ready to
release the next cygwin-wget.

> Chuck, is there any extra functionality in cygwin-1.3.3 or is this just
> a resource problem (limited time) ?

Yeah, it's "just" a time thing; I got pretty bogged down in working on
the latest cygwin (well, actually just *testing* cgf & corinna & etc's
work.  I did no "real" work.)

> In the second case should I take over mantainership for cygwin wget (a
> version 1.7.1 is expected any time now) ?

I'd love to turn it over to somebody, if there are no objections.  One
worry, though: you aren't very active on the mailing list.  I count only
  four messages from you over the last six months (but ALL were about
wget, so that's good) -- plus one message in May 2000 about CVS.  You do
seem to be more informed that I about wget, where it's going, current
development, etc. -- but will you answer list questions about it and
stuff?  There's more to maintaining a cygwin package than just putting
out timely releases (that's good, because otherwise with my track
record, I'd be out of a job! <g>)

--Chuck