Screen overdraw effect

I just recently updated my installation of Cygwin and I'm getting some
weird 'anomalies.' I don't know exactly what was updated as there was a
list of at least a dozen new items, but my original install was from
June, and the update was done today. Running Cygwin on Windows 2000 with
the "old version" (again, sorry I can't be more descriptive. :( ) less
displayed everything just fine. With the new version (not even sure if
less was one of the updates) My screen decides to go back in time after
I finish viewing a document.

e.g.
$ ls
<shows directory listing>

$ less junk.txt
<shows contents of junk.txt>

<I push "q">

"$" prompt appears at a random spot on the screen with remnants of the
ls scattered throughout, both above and below the current prompt.

I had been having this problem for a couple of weeks on my XP machine
but I just attributed it to a quirk with XP. Upon updating my copy of
Cygwin at work today though, running Windows 2000, I got the same
effect, so it's obviously something with Cygwin. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

-Alex