Re: Mutt (on cygwin) and binary attachments

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:40:11PM -0500, Gary R Van Sickle wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> [snip]

> >> Right.  Are you volunteering?
> >

> >If I must.  However, I'll wait for an actual mutt user to step forward
> >before putting my oar in.  Mutt users, hello?
> >
> >--Chuck
>
> As a semi-actual mutt user (I would use it if it worked), I'll step up to
> the plate if somebody's not on it already.  Who can I coordinate with to get
> the patches into the Cygwin and original distros?

Just for the 1.2.5 version, take the sources from the cygwin distro,
create a parallel build dir and inside of that directory call the
following configure script:

    #!/bin/sh

    #DEBUG=echo

    SRCDIR=../mutt-1.2.5i

    PREFIX=/usr
    SYSCONFDIR=/etc
    LIBEXECDIR='$(sbindir)'
    LIBDIR='$(prefix)/share'

    MAILPATH=/var/spool/mail

    OPTS="--with-mailpath=${MAILPATH} --with-regex --enable-pop --enable-imap --with-ssl --with-libdir=/usr/share --with-sharedir=/usr/share"

    ${DEBUG} ${SRCDIR}/configure \
	    ${OPTS} \
	    --prefix=${PREFIX} \
	    --sysconfdir=${SYSCONFDIR} \
	    --libexecdir=${LIBEXECDIR} \
	    --libdir=${LIBDIR}

The just call `make'.

If you have your patches finished you should package the binary and
source packages matching the layout of the existing packages and send
a mail to cygwin-apps that you're ready to contribute.

If you want to return your patches to the original maintainer you
have probably a better start using the sources of the latest version
of mutt (1.3.22i AFAIK) from http://www.mutt.org.

Thanks for stepping forward,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.