Re: Latest Install - Domain account - File permisssions

Hi and thank you for your response.

I am logged in as a Domain user that has administrative rights. I run the install and at the end I can see a command prompt window pop up and it runs mkpasswd with the -l option so /etc/passwd then has all the local users listed.

Then I bring up the cygwin bash shell and try to run mkpasswd with the -d option. It starts to run and lists the first 12 entries of the domain list and then just stops. As these first 12 entries are still in the A's I cannot get my account to be listed (which is under the S's.

Hope this helps

Serge

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 10:53:34AM -0700, Serge Pluess wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just downloaded the latest setup.exe and wiped off my old installation first. This is on Windows 2000 Server
>
> The setup and download finish and when i double click on the Cygwin Icon on my desktop I now get the following output:
>
> "...mkdir: cannot create directory `/home': Permission denied
> bash: cd: /home/spluess: No such file or directory
>
> spluess@COURTNET /usr/bin
> $ ..."
>
> With last weeks setup.exe this didn't happen.
>
> I ran the install while I am logged in through my NT4 domain account which has administrative rights and I think at the end of the setup.exe I see a shell popup that runs mkpasswd with the -l option. I look at /etc/passwd and there is an entry there for my local account I think:
>
> spluess:This_field_is_not_used_by_cygwin_on_nt/2000/xp:1006:513:Serge Pluess,S-1-5-21-484763869-764733703-682003330-1006:/home/spluess:/bin/bash
>
> So I am thinking, let me try to run mkpasswd -d but to my suprise it only lists the first 12 entries of the domain list (which is still in the a's) and for thus I cannot get the list to include my account information (which is in the s's). There are about 300 users in the domain.

Are you logged on using a local user account of that machine, say,
Administrator or so?  If you want to ask for the list of domain users
you have to be a user of the domain.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.