RE: less is more

Hello David,

You wrote:
> Regretably, the latest xemacs configure uses more to deal with
> configure --help.  I'm sure that isn't the only piece of *Nix software
> that assumes the existence of more.
> I fixed it, of course, by ln -s /usr/bin/less /usr/bin/more.
> We might reasonably include such a symlink in our distribution.  (Then
> there should also be ln -s /usr/man/man1/less.1 /usr/man/man1/more.1)
Personally, I would be more in favour of a "more" wrapper that makes
less act like the more utility (a symlink wouldn't do that).

I have the line 'alias more="less -X -F"' in my .bashrc file to handle
this, but a shell script in the bin durectory that does the same thing
would be absolutely fine by me - though an alias is easier to implement.

Personally, though, I think it can be considered a misfeature (or a bug)
to expect the more pages to be there: it generally doesn't come with
*nix distri's, while less generally does..

Greetz!

Ronald