Re: Invoking SQL*Plus from within cygwin

OK,

Unset all env variables except the path. SQLPLus should pick em up from the
Registry OK. I'm geussing it's because SQLPlus cannot grog the cygwin mount
point in ORACLE_HOME etc.

Alternative is to set ORACLE_HOME etc using NT notation (not sure about
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Assume you don't need it for SQLPlus

Let me know how you go

---
Alec Clews, <alecclews@yahoo.com>, Melbourne,  Australia
Home Page  <http://www.geocities.com/alecclews/

Alec Clews <alecclews@yahoo.com> writes:

> > This works for me (I'm using W2K). Provding Oracle is installed OK it
> > _should_ pick up Oracle_Home from the registry. Just make sure you have
> > the correct path set up (do you have multiple Oracle Homes?).
>
> I have the following environment variables set in bash within my .profile:
>
> ORACLE_HOME=/cygdrive/k/oracle
> ORACLE_SID=fprd
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
>
> I have set $ORACLE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH up as NT environment variables
using /cygdrvie/k/oracle.

> When I look at the registry, though, I see ORACLE_HOME referred to as
K:\ORACLE (no cygdrive/x)

> The K: drive is a mapped drive from the server were the database resides.
I do not have Oracle installed on my client per se.

> Any ideas?
>
> > Can you run sqlplus from the NT command prompt (cmd.exe)? If the answer
> > is yes then look at any path differences and other environment
differences.

> Yes I can run sqlplus from the dos cmd line.
>

> > Do you get any error mesages from sqlplus when you run it?
>
> No messages other than the Dr. Watson box.
>

> > What version of Oracle are you using?
> >

> 8.1.7.1.4 for NT
>

> > Troy Noble wrote:
> >
> > > Did you define ORACLE_HOME in your environment?  And is your Oracle
> > > bin directory on your PATH when running in bash?
> > >
> > > I've seen the Dr. Watson type error you are describing when one of
> > > the two above things wasn't set up properly... I can't remember
> > > which.  Sorry.
> > >
> > > So check your PATH and make sure ORACLE_HOME is defined and that might
> > > do it for you.  Can't recall if I had set ORACLE_HOME only in my
.bashrc
> > > or if I also had to put it in my NT environment variables.  From quick
> > > inspection, it looks like I did both.

Finally