Re: Adding info page to exe/dll

"Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" wrote:

> At 02:16 PM 9/20/2001, Stephen Dyke wrote:
> >How does one go about adding a property page for exe and dll files (I
> >understand I need to use the resource compiler command, what is that, and
> >how do i use it?)
> >eg Version, Name, Author, Internal-Name etc.
>
> Wrong mailing list.  You're looking for a list that discusses Windows
> programming techniques.  Sorry, I can't direct you more completely to
> the appropriate list.

Not *entirely* true, Larry.  He may (although he did not state this) be
using cygwin tools to build a cygwin dll/exe, and want to know how to
use the 'windres' program provided by cygiwn to add property
pages/resources to his cygwin apps.

See http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/unversioned/run/

for an example of using windres this way.

--Chuck