Re: asm/io.h where can I find this ??

abhishek gupta wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for replying to our query.
> if we cant run the piece of code on cygwin, than what should do to write to port and read from the port ( low level i/o operations on port ) under windows environment using this gnu compiler (cygwin).
> are there any other API's availble.

I think you should operate the specified parallel device using /dev/lp*
if cygwin supports this. I dont know actually if it does, although
serial devices are supported. Perhaps someone on the list knows and you
should try searching the archives <g> :)

For a Windows specific why to handle the situation check this link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/filesio_7wmd.asp
or the description
of CreateFile in the MSDN library if you have it. In this topic look for
"Communication Resources".