Re: perl/dbi Can't create TCP/IP socket

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, dk henderson wrote:

> I narrowed it down and found that perl/dbi works from the shell
> prompt, but not from cgi. Not really sure how they interface and would
> appreciate any pointers.

Not really sure what that last sentence means. Who are "they"?

I have used perl with DBI, MySQL and Apache before without incident. Can
you open any kind of socket from your CGI script? More information, like
perl -V and cygcheck -s -v -r might be helpful. See
<http://cygwin.com/bugs.html>.

--
Michael Hoffman <grouse@mail.utexas.edu>
The University of Texas at Austin