Re: Why cygwin forced convert all input and output to OEM or ANSI ?

>>> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:32:41 +0400
>>> egor duda <deo@logos-m.ru> said:

> i know.

I believed you know that. I wanted to make sure of it and
explain the detail for users who don't know.

> the problem is not with SetFileApisTo* stuff, but in
> console-handling code -- it ignores current set codepage and
> enforces oem or ansi one.

I see. I understood your proposal of CYGWIN=codepage:asis.
It lets the console driver simply ignore the codepage issue,
doesn't it?
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  Center for Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology