Re: mutt and locale

> Dear all,
>
> I want to suggest to whoever is currently maintaining the mutt package
> ;-)

That's me.  Well, it will be as soon as I get my new build to Corrina ;-).

> to compile it with --enable-locales-fix in the future. Since locale
> support is broken in cygwin anyway (at least the LC_CTYPE part) it does
> not make sense for mutt to rely on it. If it is compiled with the above
> option it should at least work for people using iso-8859-1.
>
> And if full locale support really exists in cygwin then please educate
> me how to set up my environment so that the isprint() function
> recognizes characters > 127. I have exhausted all net.resources on this
> topic and tried all suggested combinations but to no avail. I managed to
> compile my own mutt and it now displays my German umlaut characters but
> I trust you people more than myself. 8-]

Unfortunately I know next to nothing about Cygwin's locale support or lack
thereof.  The --enable-locales-fix is certainly easy enough to do though.
Corrina/Chris/etc, what do you guys think?  Should I build with it before I
submit it to you (hopefully this evening)?  Or is there actually proper
locale support and this is actually some other problem?

> TIA and best regards
> Jerry

Gary R. Van Sickle
Braemar Inc.