cygwinipc on windows 2000

Hello,
    My apologies if this is a double posting, I've been having email
problems all week.
    I'm trying to get postgresql going under cygwin on windows 2000 service
pack 2. My version of cygwin is 1.3.2 and i need the package cygipc-1.10 to
make this work. I got that package, installed it, and loaded it as a
service. When i try to start it from services i get:
"could not start cygwin ipc service daemon on local computer. The service
returned no code. This could be an internal windows error or an internal
service error"
    does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
Dave.