Re: system not working as expected

I think that multiple copies of cygwin1.dll are
discouraged- I'm surprised that there aren't developers
shouting about this already.

Jorge, I would recommend you go with Mark Gordon's
suggestion, and add "C:\cygwin\bin" to your "DOS" path.
If you are on Windows NT, right click on "My computer"
choose properties, click on the "environment" tab, and
add "C:\cygwin\bin" to the beginning or end of the
"SYSTEM" PATH variable. You will need to be administrator
to do this, and any DOS command shells you have open
will have to be closed and re-opened for this change
to take effect. You can also add it to your user path,
but that might not work for "system" calls.

HTH,
Peter

Robert Legros wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Another solution is to have a copy of 'cygwin1.dll'
> and eventually of 'sh.exe' in your application
> directory :
>         cp -p /bin/cygwin1.dll .
>         cp -p /bin/sh.exe .
>
> Best Regards,