Re: /usr/man/man2 and /usr/man/man4 directories missing

There was supposedly a thread about docs recently, but I've had a hard time
tracking it down. I've also been frustrated in the past by the lack of
man pages for the Section 2 system calls, the stuff that's not covered by
the C standard library. Most of the Linux man pages are written by the Linux
kernel developers, and aren't "free" in the GNU sense of the word, so we
can't borrow from their work.

Therefore, I'd like to take a stab at writing the man pages for these calls.
The best references are going to be the actual source code.  I'm assuming some
of the low level system calls for Cygwin may end up being wrappers for Win32
api calls, but most will in the POSIX emulation provided by Cygwin. Am I wrong?
Can anyone think of any other research sources I could use while writing these
pages without getting into copyright issues?