RE: Perl 5.7.2 (GDB breaks in 1.3.3-2 on certain Win2000 machines)

Kris Erickson schrieb am 2001-10-09, 18:03:

>>Actually, this thread, with the subject "Help...  GDB no longer works
>>after updating" had discussion on this problem:
>>
>>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-09/msg01182.html
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>So, let me turn this back to you. Have you tried any of the cygwin
>>snapshots to see if they alleviate your problem?  I'm not aware of
>>any development which could have fixed this but, then, I'm not aware
>>of anything that could break it either.
>
>Since I originally posted this, and I have a system on which gdb breaks,
>The snapshots haven't fixed anything, the crash still occurs.  So after
>a bit of experimentation in getting cygwin1.dll with symbols compiled,
>I finally started splunking into the code...
>
>I figured I should probably report back with what I discovered (however,
>I was hoping to have some kind of patch/fix working before I posted
>but...)
>
>The break occurs with a call to
>
>(line 91 uinfo.cc)
>if (!NetUserGetInfo (NULL, wuser, 3, (LPBYTE *)&ui)
>|| (wlogsrv[0] && !NetUserGetInfo (wlogsrv, wuser, 3,(LPBYTE *)&ui))) {
>
>Version 1.3.2-1 never made that call (uinfo.cc has changed a bit
>and that whole section was ignored in 1.3.2-1 if user.name, user.domain,
>and user.logsvr where all set).  Forcing version 1.3.2-1 to execute the
>call NetUserGetInfo also causes the same crash.

Then I don't understand why it breaks for you, but not for me.
Well I'm a valid user in my domain and my server has a name...and
I'm not on Win2k.
Where comes the information user.name, user.domain and user.logsrv
come from? Isn't set s.th. as default value for people who aren't
in a domain and so on?

>All of the arguments appear to be valid (wuser is i unicode string which
>contains the user name, ui looks like USER_INFO_3 type...)
>
>Then I looked up NetUserGetInfo and trying a simple MSVC project with
>NetGetUserInfo.  The program fails with trying to pass NULL as the
>SERVERNAME with an error 2202 (The user name or group name parameter is
>invalid.),
>and fails with 2221 (The user name could not be found.) with the same
>SERVERNAME and USERNAME that uinfo.cc was trying to use.  However,
>calls to the NetUserGetInfo function to do not crash, and since windows
>does not send signals, I am guessing that the wrapper around
>Netapi32.lib
>is sending a signal after receiving a failing call?
>
>Since the error is occurring in one of the wrappers or libraries that
>I haven't yet figured out how to debug (_libkernel32_a_iname), I have
>solved the
>solution by simply removing the call the NetUserGetInfo from uinfo.cc
>(which is effectively what was occuring in 1.3.2-1).  I will look into
>this
>further, but I thought since there was such a mass of posts about this
>I would report what I had found...
>
>Kris
>

>--

=^..^=