Re: opengl

>Hi.
>
>It seems to me that the libopengl32.a doesn't support all opengl extensions,
>especially the nVidia extensions. I ran a precompiled program and it workes
>fine. Then I compiled it under cygwin and a torus that was supposed to
>reflect the environment was totally white. I also get a segemantation fault
>when trying to implement the glLockArraysEXT() extension, because the
>function sglGetProcAddress() <-(don't remember the exact name) returns
>NULL - can I make an own library from the opengl32.dll that supports all
>that stuff?
>
>cheers,
>
>Thomas Gahr

You can look at
http://www.opengl.org/developers/code/features/OGLextensions/OGLextensions.html
to see how to properly use OpenGL extensions.

If wglGetProcAddress("glLockArraysEXT") returns NULL, it means that that
extension is not supported by the ICD of the graphic card on the computer
where you are running the program. ICDs are usually installed when drivers
for the card are installed.

Are you sure that you have the right name for the extension ?
glLockArraysEXT does not appear in the extension registry
(http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/).

Good luck,

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)