30 second startup delay on Cygwin programs from SYSTEM account

I am running Cygwin 1.3.3 on Windows 2000 Server, and I have noticed a
strange problem.  Whenever I try to start a Cygwin process from a windows
cmd shell as the user SYSTEM, there is an approximately 30 second delay
before the process starts.  If I have started a bash process as SYSTEM,
subesequent processes started from within bash start normally.  Cygwin
processes always start normally for the Administrator user.

I have looked in the FAQ and the documentation, searched Google, and
searched the Cygwin mailing list archive, and I couldn't find any
mention of this problem.

-Scott

--
Scott Atwood