Re: [Mingw-users] Re: make: strip command can't find file

Actually, my first attempt was with the cygwin environment, with no
mingw.  It compiled and installed OK, but didn't work,.
I was advised to using mingw.  That's how I got here.
Apparently, mingw uses windows DLL while cygwin
uses.....something else.  I'm a hardware guy (a wannabee, actually!)
learning all this stuff to get CAD tools on my laptop, so I can't speak
informatively just yet.  Been doing lots of surfing and reading though.
I will keep your suggestion in mind about Nmake, but having limited
time to absorb all this, I'll probably be looking into that a bit later
(my own problem, of course).

The really perplexing thing is that it fails even if full dos file path
is used (and provided to the install command).  I wonder if "./" in
"./ivl.exe" is being translated into a cygwin path.  Anyway gonna
keep looking for info and trying different ways whenever I can
until something works.

Fred

Fred Ma
Department of Electronics