Re: installing silently...?

At 02:04 PM 11/9/2001, Mark Balunis wrote:
>ok - that's a big if...
>
>anyway i can get to know how the setup program works?

Certainly!  The sources are the most instructive.  Look at
http://www.cygwin.com/contrib.html to find out how and where to get
the source from.  This will tell you how to get the source for all of
Cygwin.  You only need to focus on the cinstall directory.  That's where
the setup sources are.  This will tell you about everything setup does!

BTW, there was some talk of adding switches to a newer version of
setup (still to be released) that may help you with your quest.  You
might want to check the email archives for this information and/or the
change logs of the latest sources to see what was being discussed and
how much is done.  Could help you... maybe.