This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.5-1
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.5-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 19:38:37 -0500
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Note that we do not allow downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka
cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
In the US,
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
usually pretty good.
In the UK,
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package then
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another mirror.
The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and Developer)
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.3.4-1:
- This version of cygwin1.dll/libcygwin.a is built with a newer version of
binutils so it should now work with the "new" --auto-import abilities of
'ld'. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fixed a problem with getopt(). (Corinna Vinschen)
- Minor mmap fix. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Allow tty reads to be interruptible by signals. (Christopher Faylor)
- Return proper errno when read interrupted by signal. Should fix problems
with tcsh and backticks. (Corinna Vinschen)
- cygcheck.exe now reports Windows version numbers in "human readable" format.
- cygcheck.exe is now built as a -mno-cygwin application to help allow
debugging of cygwin1.dll problems. This means that PATH output is
now in MS-DOS format. (Christopher Faylor)
- cygcheck.exe now reports the cygwin DLL version in "human readable" format.
- Add -c option to cygcheck -- checks package version, e.g.
"cygcheck -c cygwin" will report "cygwin 1.3.5-1" after this update.
Also report on installed packages when '-s' option is specified.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html