RE: Setup Failed to Create /home directory

I noticed that when HOME is setup as an environment
variable, that /home/<user> does not get setup.

Try echo $HOME from Cygwin Bash and see what happens.
I found that when you remove the HOME environment vairable
(as defined with Windows), then /home/<user> is created.

I'm not to sure of the reasons for this observed
functionality, but hey, here's something to try
anyway. I'm sure others will reply with more
wisdom.

Dave