Re: tcsh, gcc/g++ problem

>I updated my cygwin installation today to the most recent
>DLL and here are some problems I'm facing! Any ideas!
>
>1] tcsh complains that cygncurses5.dll is not present!
>I see a copy of cygncurses6.dll on my hard disk. Anyone
>knows what the problem is??

if you read the archives you would know that upgrading from ncurses5
requires specific procedures or you get the cygncurses5.dll being removed
from your system.

reinstall ncurses5 - by choosing 'reinstall' in setup - and things will get
better...

>2] My g++ says out of memory when I reserve a vector of 256Mb!!
>I dont know if this is a problem with cygwin or my code, just
>that the code works for everything else below 256Mb and crashes
>at 256Mb. I have 512 Mb RAM and I dont see why there should be
>a problem. I did use this code in the past without problems for values
>larger than 256Mb!

at risk of getting hit over the head for not reading the archives
(hypocritical of me huh) - AFAICT g++ in cygwin is not capable of allocating
more then 256meg... I have had that problem with quite a few programs of
mine... but other then I too have experienced the problem ... I dont know
anything on the matter.