Re: rxvt is broken? mutt ssh inetd mt problems

  Yes, this was it, thanks.  I changed the full windows path to just bash
and it works fine.  Hadn't thought of looking at the shortcut, doh.

   * From: tom at ait-tech dot com
     * To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
     * Date: 18 Nov 2001 09:43:15 -0500
     * Subject: Re: rxvt is broken? mutt ssh inetd mt problems

On Sat, 17 November 2001, "Steven E. Bailey" wrote:

 > > Did the latest release (downloaded today) break rxvt?  I try running
it now
 > and a window pops up and dies immediately.  The rxvt executable wasn't
changed.
 > I don't know if you run rxvt the same way I do but I had a problem
recently (after some upgrade within last couple of weeks) that sounds
similar. To get past the same problem you describe I had to change
the shortcut I use to start rxvt from this:

c:\cygwin\bin\rxvt -e c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -i

to this:

c:\cygwin\bin\rxvt -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i

I am not showing a bunch of other args I use with rxvt but am
only showing what I had to change to get it working again.
I don't know exactly why but when starting from shortcut this
is the only way rxvt is now is able to start bash (which is fine
but before it also worked the other way).
Maybe this fixes your problem too.
Best of luck,
Tomislav Goles