Re: NCurses + acs_map + profile

Hi!

Wednesday, 28 November, 2001 Igor Bujna igor.bujna@maxi-tip.cz wrote:

IB> Hi,
IB> I had problem with visulation acs_map and curses under cygwin.
IB> Question and answer is on this
IB> site:http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-09/msg01053.html
IB> I want you ask , can you put this:
IB> #------------------------------------
IB> export CYGWIN=codepage:oem
IB> #------------------------------------
IB> to /etc/profile automaticaly after instalation cygwin.
IB> Thank you for your answer

CYGWIN environment variable should be set _before_ cygwin
application is started. setting CYGWIN variable from inside of cygwin
application, such as setting it from bash's /etc/profile, may lead to
_unpredictable_ and _disastrous_ results.

you should tweak setting of CYGWIN variable in autoexec.bat (w9x) or
from control panel yourself.

making codepage to be oem by default is, i believe, wrong. i doubt
all or majority of cygwin users prefer it as default.