Re: After upgrading to latest Cygwin, "ls /c/" works, but not "ls /e/ "

I don't think that "ls /c/" should work. Based on your mountpoints, "ls
/c/" should list the contents of the "c" subdirectory in your cygwin
directory, since C:\cygwin is mounted to "/".

I am currently using 1.3.3-2 and I can't do "ls /c/" or "ls /e/", they
both say "No such file or directory".

You can check the mailing list archives for how to change your default
cygdrive prefix so you can address all your drives as "//c" or "//e"
(IIRC, you change the default prefix to "/" to do this). I don't know if
you can change the default cygdrive prefix to "" (nothing), so root
would be somewhat equivalent to "My Computer". Then "ls /c/" and "ls
/e/" should both work. But I don't know if the cygdrive prefix can be
nothing.

HTH,
Peter

Karr, David wrote:

> I have drives "C" and "E".  Before upgrading this morning, I was at version
> 1.3.2.  After upgrading, I can do "ls /c/" to see the contents of my C
> drive.  However, doing "ls /e/" says "No such file or directory".  Both
> "/cygdrive/c" and "/cygdrive/e" work.
>
> My mount output is:
>
> C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
> C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
> C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
> c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
> e: on /cygdrive/e type user (binmode,noumount)
>
> I scanned the archives for something about this, but I couldn't find
> anything.  I noticed the FAQ entry "How can I access other drives", which
> gave me some things to try.
>
> I then tried the following:
>
> % mount -s e: /e
> mount: warning - /e does not exist.
>
> Then I did this:
>
> % mkdir /e
> mkdir: cannot create directory `/e': File exists
>
> and then:
>
> % ls /e
> {files in "e:/"}
>
> That is, it listed the files in "e:/".  I then tried the original "/e/" and
> that also worked.
>
> Also note this:
>
> % ls /c
> /c@
>
> Whereas "ls /e" listed "e:/".
>
> Could someone explain what I'm seeing here?
>
> --

Your mouse has moved.
Reboot now?  [OK]