Re: More exim, and fcntl lock problems

"Pierre A. Humblet" wrote:

> That's where the bad news start, I tried Win98 and NT.
> 1) Under Win98 I hit issues that were traced to gdbm
> emulation of ndbm on FAT
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-11/msg01793.html
> That looks hopeless to me. Please tell me I am wrong!

Not totally.  See cvs-1.10-1 announcement, and the patchfile within
cygwin's cvs-1.10-1-src tarball.  Basically, there are two solutions;
  1) convert exim over to use the gdbm interface (only one file, no
worries about timestamp sync between two files, no hardlink/cp
problems).
  2) write your own wrapper functions for all "ndbm" calls, that thunk
to actual gdbm (not ndbm emulation in gdbm) calls.  This is what I did
to get cvs repositories to host on FAT.

--Chuck