Re: problem with cygwin version 1.3.4 cross compilation using gcc

Rahul,

The problem is with the lines:

>                 (void) sprintf(tempdirname,"/var/testinstall");
>                 (void) printf("now creating %s directory\n", tempdirname);
>                 if((mkdir(tempdirname,0777)) != 0) throw  -1;
>                 (void) sprintf(tempdirname,"/var/testinstall/testcygwin");
>                 (void) printf("now creating %s directory\n", tempdirname);
>                 if((mkdir(tempdirname,0777)) != 0) throw  -1;

Correct?

Even if the mkdir function goes through the cygwin1.dll (it may be a
simple wrapper for the win32 equivalent, for all I know), the
cygwin1.dll has no idea where you have put the root of the cygwin tree.

The default is probably C:\cygwin, but I could have it in
D:\local\cygwin if I prefer.  I would suspect that the registry contains
the information as to where the / of a POSIX path is mapped, but however
it is stored, your target PC doesn't have it, and won't, unless you
install cygwin.

Either:
1) Install cygwin on the target PC, so that / has a defined location.
2) Use all Windows pathnames.
3) Hack and kludge registry, etc., to pretend that cygwin is installed.

If you choose 3), don't tell your users to ask for installation support
here!

Eric