Re: gcc -mno-cygwin creates cygwin executables!

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Teun Burgers" <a.rburgers@freeler.nl>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: gcc -mno-cygwin creates cygwin executables!

> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
> >  On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 06:47:09PM +0100, Teun Burgers wrote:
> > >1) gcc -mno-cygwin searches for libs in /usr/lib.
> > >   Should it?
>
> > It shouldn't, but it does.  Changing this requires a complicated
change
> > to 'ld'.  I don't think that anyone is contemplating such a change.
> >
> > The only alternative is to use the mingw version of the tools.
>
> I can think of a few other perhaps simpler alternatives.
>
> 1) Move the pthread functions from libcygwin.a to a separate library
> libpthread.a instead of libpthread.a being a symlink to libcygwin.a.
> That
> would fix this particular configure problem I think. This already
> works this way I found for libpng.a and libjpeg.a.

No, as the pthread functions use cygwin calls that will still link to
cygwin. If you wnat a mingw pthread library see the pthread-win32
project.

> 2) Put some cygwin specific libraries as libpthread.a in
/usr/cygwin/lib
> and add /usr/cygwin/lib to the specs?

This _might_ do it. Still it requires breaking out the pthread
functions, for little benefit and greater overhead. Why not add the
win32-pthread functions somewhere and add that to the -mno-cygwin specs?

Rob