multiple users with the same login name problem

Corinna, can you tell me how /etc/passwd created?  Does it use local
or domain accounts, or does it depend on which account you run "setup"
with?  Then perhaps I can put something in the FAQ about this.

(Sorry, my own /etc/passwd was hand-crafted some time ago, and I don't
have the resources for a new Cygwin install to experiment with.)

Thanks,
David