Re: cron problem: Can Domain user run cron

Corinna,

In that normal domain server, I tried to mkpasswd -ld
and passwd group -ld from seversal times, but still
not work. Hm...I have not change the group file after
made. For passwd file, i only change group of Domain
administrator from 10513(None) to 10512 (Domain
admin). I also did it in passwd file of domain
controller server.

Domain user use cygwin work very well in domain server
except cron.(e.g. domain user can rcp from/to domain
contoller)

thanks again and again
ikbea

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 01:01:11PM +0000, Tiffany Chan
wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> There are two cases:
> 1. In domain controller server, both Domain admin
and

.
> But domain user cannot run cron, error : can't
switch
> user context. I used mkgroup and mkpasswd using
> parameter -ld.

Care for your /etc/group file as well.  It's probably
correct on
the DC since the domain groups are also local groups
for the DC.
It's very likely incorrect for a normal domain
machine, though.
mkgroup -ld > /etc/group should help.

Corinna