This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Compile XEmacs with X support
- From: Per Magne Knutsen <per dot knutsen at weizmann dot ac dot il>
- To: Cygwin Users <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:39:46 +0200
- Subject: Compile XEmacs with X support
- Organization: Weizmann Institute
- Reply-to: per dot knutsen at weizmann dot ac dot il
Has anyone compiled XEmacs successfully with support for XFree86? I would like to run xemacs under
X, rather than the native NT gui, but I run into all kinds of trouble during configure or make. I've tested
different distributions, including 21.1.9, 21.5.4 and 21.4.6 but get none of these to compile.
If anyone did get this working, which distribution did you use, and were any patches applied?
PS: installing with setup.exe of course works fine, but this does not give the option of running xemacs
Per Magne Knutsen
Department of Neurobiology
Weizmann Institute of Science
Phone: +972 (0)8 934 2604
Fax: +972 (0)8 934 4140
Cellular: +972 (0)55 675 289
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html