This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Getting line ending conversion (crlf <-> lf) in cygwin cvs?
- From: Steinar Bang <sb at dod dot no>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:26:55 +0100
- Subject: Getting line ending conversion (crlf <-> lf) in cygwin cvs?
- Organization: Probably a good idea
Platform: CygWin 1.3.2, CygWin/XFree86 4.1.0, Win2k
I installed cygwin with default text type "Unix".
This is what is recommended by the cygwin/xfree86 User's Guide:
(item 7, in the list in the above URL).
So what I'm wondering now, is:
1. is it possible to make cygwin CVS do line ending translation,
without changing the default text type for all of cygwin?
2. is it possible to change the default line ending for a cygwin
installation, without reinstalling cygwin?
3. will changing the default line ending convention for cygwin
interfere with cygwin/xfree86? I assume the choice is in the
User's Guide for a reason? Will it help that I'm not running any
cygwin native X clients? I'm using XDMCP to log in to linux boxes
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html