Re[2]: DirectX8/DirectInput + cygwin

Ok, I have a question about this but it may be obvious.

How can you do anything patentable with virtual tables?  They're pointers
to arrays of function pointers.  It's not like DirectX is even laced with
virtual (or even multiple) inheritance or anything like that.  That's the
only reason their C interface system even works.

The most complicated thing I can imagine is how they determine the order
of functions in the table, but from the C interface stuff it would appear
that they're in declaration order...

-Wade