Re: unix domain socket with shared memory ?

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:17:27PM +0100, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Some guys may say, unix domain sockets are not implemented through tcp connection, but I'm relative sure, that this
> is true:

Huh?  Why are you "relative" sure?  Didn't you take a look into
the Cygwin sources which would be the right place to learn how
something's implemented?  net.cc is a good starting point.

I'm a bit surprised by your results, though.  Since AF_LOCAL
and AF_INET are implemented the same way, they should be
nearly equally fast^Wslow.  AF_LOCAL just has a bit of an
overhead by some additional tests but the naked read() and
write() calls should be nearly equivalent.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.